It’s hot outside. Hot Property. You can hardly wait to get home and relax in your air-conditioned house.
You come home from work and just want to settle into your daily routine. Suddenly, you realize that the air conditioning is not working and is very hot. Now what? Always try to return to the installer air conditioning contractor whenever possible, but what if you do not know who installed it? Do you open the phone book and hope to get a well-trained, honest air conditioning technician? Or just pray, without getting ripped off?
Try using these six tips to get the service you need without being taken to the cleaners.
1. Write down the make and model of your outdoor condenser and a brief description of the problem (one paragraph is enough) before picking up the phone. This information will not only help the service organization to diagnose the problem; it also makes you look like a smart consumer. Remember, knowledge is power.
2. Try to find a service center authorized by the first factory. This is a must if your air conditioner is still under warranty. Qualified means that the manufacturer stands behind the repair and usually mediate any dispute. With strong competition in the services market, the last thing the manufacturer wants a dissatisfied customer is buying a different brand. Many times you can find under the title of Air Conditioning Equipment manufacturer and get the list and contact them directly.
3. Ask people you know for referrals. Okay, this is pretty basic. But with all the devices we use every day, someone you know has had need for one fixed. Benefit from their experience, good or bad. As additional tips, if you are living in Phoenix and surrounding cities and you need a reliable service for air conditioning repair or maintenance, Cool Touch is a company specialized in both residential and commercial ac repair Phoenix. Their skilled technicians will answer your questions, help you to repair or choose the best air conditioner that suits your needs.
4. Look in the yellow pages for an air conditioning company that accepts credit cards. Credit cards offer an additional layer of protection for you. If you are not satisfied with the arrangement and technical refuses to answer your questions, you can contact your credit card company and request a chargeback to the merchant. This will involve more paperwork on your part, but can give you a better position in negotiating a dispute. Note, however, that the use of this tactic often can be left in a bad position with his company credit card. Check your policy first previous charges.
5. While you have the yellow pages open, compare the ads. Yellow page ads are not cheap. Only the most successful and competitive companies can afford large display ads. While this does not indicate the level of service you receive, shows that companies invest in advertising and still waiting to be in business in a year or two.
6. When you do start making calls, asking the same questions of each company.